We have inherited from our forbearers a heritage of sacred traditions: the faith of the Holy Orthodox Church and the ideals and culture of the Greek people.
Through the centuries, much of the greatness of Western civilization has evolved from this proud heritage. When our parents (or grandparents) left their beloved Greece for a new life in America, their faith, ideals and culture gave them the strength to adapt swiftly – to learn a new language and find a productive place in this challenging new world. They were mostly poor and uneducated, but they were proud of their roots and determined to succeed. And succeed they did - the vitality of Holy Trinity today is the legacy of the tenacity of those who came before to make a new life for their family's future.
- The "Hellenic Orthodox Community of Westchester County, Inc." is incorporated.
- Congregation moves to the top of a garage on 5th Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Streets.
- Purchase of property on N. 7th Avenue as sight of future Church. It was never built on and was sold. Presumably, the proceeds were used for the purchase of the "Wooden" church in 1940.
- The precursor of today's Philoptochos Society is started.
Congregation rents a house on Second Avenue, Services were conducted in the living room; the entryway served as the Narthex; and Sunday School and Greek School classes took place in the dining room, Fr. Papachristou lived upstairs.