The Holy Trinity Library
The Holy Trinity library seeks to preserve our Orthodox faith and Greek heritage by providing our church community with access to books on Orthodoxy, Greek history, culture, and literature.
The Holy Trinity Library was established in 1992 by Cleo Canelos in loving memory of her husband, Elias Canelos. The library currently has over 2,800 volumes for adults and children. It is open every Sunday after church and during the week by appointment. Books may be signed out and borrowed with care for a period of four weeks.
Instructions for checking out and returning books are posted in the library, and we appreciate your consideration in following them.
Cleo Canelos, Chair
Hours of Operation
Sundays: After the Divine Liturgy
The library will be open during this year’s festival; please stop by to look through our collection and to purchase a book or two at our book sale.
PLEASE RETURN ANY OVERDUE CHURCH LIBRARY BOOKS THAT MAY STILL BE ON YOUR BOOKSHELVES!
Many books are missing from the library. These books have been donated in memory or honor of loved ones and often cannot be replaced because they have gone out of print. Please return them to the basket in the church library or to the church office. Thank you very much!
Contributions may be made to the library for the purchase of books, which can be dedicated in memory of, or in honor of a loved one, or in celebration of a special milestone. Books make wonderful lasting tributes, and a bookplate is put in each book designating the person being memorialized or honored as well as the donor.
Donations are noted in the Trinitarian, along with a wish list of books that we would like to add to the library’s collection. If you wish to make a donation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in the library mail slot in the church office.
Donated in honor of Father Patrick O’Rourke by Cleo Canelos
- Gifts of the Desert: The Forgotten Path of Christian Spirituality
Donated in memory of Doris Soropoulos by Cleo Canelos
- Loukoumi’s Gift (children’s)
Donated in memory of Doris Soropoulos by Stacy Raptis
- Maybe God is Like That Too (children’s)
Our Wish List
- The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality $15.00
- Two Become One: An Orthodox Christian Guide to Engagement and Marriage $19.00
- Steps of Transformation: An Orthodox Priest Explores the Twelve Steps $14.00
- Food, Fasting, and Health: A Sacred Journey to Better Health $18.00
- The Rise of Athens: The Story of the World’s Greatest Civilization $25.00
- The Parthenon $17.00
- Stories from the Gerontikon (children’s) $13.00
- God Gave Us Thankful Hearts (children’s) $10.00
We ask that you please contact us first before dropping off any used books. Thank you!