The Holy Trinity Library
The library seeks to preserve our faith and heritage by providing our church community with access to books on Orthodoxy, Greek history, culture, and literature.
The library, established in 1992 in memory of Elias Canelos, currently has approximately 3000 volumes for adults and children. Books may be signed out and borrowed with care for a period of four weeks. The library is open every Sunday after church and during the week by appointment.
Contributions may be made to the library to purchase and dedicate books in memory of, or in honor of, a loved one.
The library committee wishes our Holy Trinity community a very happy and healthy 2018! We are very grateful for all the support and donations from many parishioners in 2017. We are also happy to see that more people are discovering the wonderful collection of books in our library. More people are borrowing books, and more books are being returned! Thank you!
On a separate note, it is with great sadness that we mark the passing of Sophie Louros this past October. Sophie was a longtime, dedicated member of the library committee and was instrumental in the foundation and growth of our library. In celebration of her life and as a lasting tribute to her memory, many parishioners have made donations to the library. They are listed below as well as other recent donations to the library. Thanks very much to all the donors!
In memory of Sophie Louros
by Presbytera Kay Kyriakos
- Let All Creation Rejoice: Reflections for Advent, the Nativity, and Epiphany
- Eleftherios Venizelos: A Story of An Adventurous Life
by Gabe and Irene Damascus
- The First Victory: Greece in the Second World War
- Greek Folk Stories
- Fey Folk
- A Scorpion in the Lemon Tree
- Illness and Healing in Orthodox Theology
by Cleo Canelos
- The Life: The Orthodox Doctrine of Salvation
- A Boy’s Journey to Sainthood: St. Paisios the Athonite (children’s)
by the Graf family
- Light from the Christian East: An Introduction to the Orthodox Tradition
- Fresh Complaint
- Around the Lagoon
by Zachary and Cleo Marantis
- The History of Greek Music
- Penelope’s Confession
by Lucille Herzecgovitch
- Homer’s Where the Heart is
- On the Life of Christ: Chanted Sermons by the Great Sixth Century Poet and Singer St. Romanos
by Demetra and Joseph Keane
- The Fall of Constantinople 1453
- Church Fathers for Young People (children’s)
by the Holy Trinity Library
- The Services of Holy and Great Week
In memory of Presbytera Anne Macris
by Demetri Damascus
- World of Emotions: Ancient Greece, 700 BC-200 AD
- The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Text and English Translation
In memory of Eddie Sklavos
by Electra Sklavos
- How Our Departed Ones Live: The Experience of the Orthodox Church
- A Gift for Matthew (children’s)
Our Wish List
- Baptism and Chrismation: Beginning Our Christian Life in the Orthodox Church $14.00
- The Holy Sacraments: The Seven Sacraments of the Orthodox Church $10.00
- The Infancy Gospels of James and Thomas $18.00
- A Faith Encouraged: A Devotional Guide to Being Orthodox on Purpose $20.00
- The Road Back to Christ: Reflections on Lent, Holy Week and the Resurrection $19.00
- The Silent Way: Eleni Looks at Jealousy (children’s) $8.00
- The Silent Way; Peter Clashes with Anger (children’s) $8.00
- Special Agents of Christ (children’s) $10.00
PLEASE RETURN ANY OVERDUE CHURCH LIBRARY BOOKS THAT MAY STILL BE ON YOUR BOOK SHELVES!
Many books are missing from the library. These books have been donated in memory or honor of loved ones and often cannot be replaced because the y have gone out of print. Please return them to the basket in the church library or to the church office. Thank you very much!